Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Craving the Highlander's Touch

Craving the Highlander's Touch by Michelle Willingham 
  • Print Length: 54 pages  
  • Publisher: Harlequin Historical Undone (September 1, 2011)
  • Publication Date: September 1, 2011
  • Sold by: Harlequin Digital Sales Corp.
  • Language: English
  • ASIN: B005EHFMKC

Scotland, 1306
For Alys Fitzroy, Lady of Harkirk, her brutish husband is more of an enemy than the wild Scots she is supposed to hate. Her heart longs to help her husband's prisoners—especially Finian MacLachor, the intense Highland chief who bears the scars of his own failed uprising, both inside and out. With her help, he has a second chance to make things right for his clan—and and to show Alys the nights of unbelievable pleasure she's been missing.…

****

This is the first that I have read in the Mackinloch Clan series. I read short books like these in between other longer books, just so that I can take a break and change things up a bit.

Finian - He is a very spicy hero, and he warms up Alys's bed very quickly with his skillful seductions. He likes it when Alys surrenders herself to him, and lets him show her how to enjoy herself.

Alys - She's timid, yet brave and ready for some happiness in her life. The two of them seem to fit perfectly together without question. 

Plot - Surprisingly, there is a lot going on, and the sex is hot. It satisfied my craving for a quick paced, shorter book. No regrets here. Worth the read. The cover can use a bit of work. It's not the best that I have seen in the genre.

2 comments:

  1. I loved the Undone line because they were good, quick reads that I could zip through on my lunch break at work. Sadly I think Harlequin has discontinued the line as I haven't seen new titles in a while.

    I think I've read all of Willingham's shorts, although I'm still working through her backlist of longer titles. My favorites so far by her have been in her MacEgan Brothers series, although her last Viking duet was also really good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will have to check out both the MacEgan series & the Viking ones. Thanks. I love Vikings. :) They will keep me occupied until the new series of "Vikings" on the history channel comes out. It feels like I have been waiting a lifetime to see more of Travis Fimmel. (drool)

      Delete