Thursday, December 4, 2014

The Vikings Forbidden Love-Slave

The Vikings Forbidden Love-Slave 
by Michelle Willingham
Print Length: 50 pages
Publisher: Harlequin Special Releases (July 15, 2014)
Sold by: Amazon Digital Services, Inc.  
Language: English
ASIN: B00K4M3JHK

I wasn't ready to sleep last night, and wanted something to read that was short and sweet, so I picked up this 50 page kindle book. It was worth the small price, and I actually enjoyed it. 

"You're terrified I'll force myself upon you. And worse, that you'll enjoy it."

Aisling Ó Brannon should hate the Vikings who raided her village…especially after she's captured as a gift for King Magnus by warrior Tharand Hardrata. But while her head says one thing, her body says quite another. Her attraction to the fierce and forbidding warrior cannot be ignored…even though she's intended for another man's bed.

As they near Magnus's domain, Tharand's restraint is tested beyond endurance. He can't stop himself from arousing her, bringing her to the peak of pleasure while trying to honor his promise. Soon he must choose: please his king…or keep his captive love-slave for himself.


Aisling's character was a knife wielding woman warrior! I am always thrilled to find characters like her because they have spunk and a zest for life. She is certainly more likable than a woman who easily submits to the demands of a man. Her submission was on her terms, not anyone else's. For that, she quickly gained my respect and admiration.  

Tharand's character was a man of few words. He was honorable, yet rough around the edges, and different than one might imagine a viking. He is the marrying kind. Although I wouldn't call him totally timid when it comes to women, he was quite cautious. He had massive skills when it come to pleasing a woman, but he didn't seem to have much luck catching their eye. Most feared him, and would run from him when he came into the room. I am happy Aisling didn't. :) He seemed deserving of a happy ending.

The plot was perfect for this short story. It propelled forward nicely, and kept me guessing what would happen next. 

There are some scenes that I thought weren't so plausible though, but again, it is a short story and meant to deliver a quick romantic jounce. The ending was satisfying, and left me wanting to know more.

I read the book in under two hours. If you like quick stories, with little fluff & history, this is a good weekend read. Michelle is a talented author.

No comments:

Post a Comment